Monday 24 September 2012

Media Consumption

 Newspaper
  • The only newspaper I read the most is The Sun newspaper and occasionally The Metro.
  • The sections I read the most in ‘The Sun’ newspaper are the celebrity gossips and the news about what’s happening in the world, I like to be aware what’s happening around me and the celebrity world as it interests me.
  • I never turn to the sports section as I am not interested in that category.
  • I like to read about celebrities and drama shows because it keeps me up to date with my favourite celebs and what’s happening in my favourite drama’s like ‘Eastenders’. I also read about the crimes and stories about what’s happening in this world so I am aware.
  • Normally my dad buys The Sun newspaper every morning before he goes to work.
 
Magazines
  • I always read magazines especially The Heat and Ok! Magazines as they are celebrity gossip magazines which I love reading about.
  • I read about the celebrities and what’s happening in their lives, I also like reading soap dramas and the spoilers.
 
Television
  • I am not sure exactly how many hours but I would say approximately 30 hours a week.
  • I usually watch TV in the evenings.
  • I always switch the channel to E Entertainment, Sky movies or the music channels as i love watching reality celebrity shows/movies and listening to music when I am bored.
  • I usually watch TV on my own or with my sister as she likes the same things as me.
  • I normally decide what to watch because my sister or mum don’t mind, however if my dad is present he decides what to watch, which is usually Sports channels which I hate.
 
Radio
  • I always listen to Capital Fm as they play all my favourite songs.
  • About 15 hours a week.
  • I listen to the radio every morning before I go to school so I am aware what the weather is going to be like, also when I’m doing coursework I like the radio to be on in the background.
  • I don’t like listening to slow classical songs because I get bored, I also hate Asian songs which my mum loves to listen to when she is cooking.
  • I listen to the radio on my own.
  • Mainly in my room or on my phone when I’m out.
  • I listen to the radio when I am cleaning, cooking or doing my coursework.
 
Cinema
  • In the last month I have watched 'House at the end of the street’.
  • I’ve also watched ‘One for the money’, ‘The Dictator’ and ‘Battleship’.
  • I watched two of them movies with my sister and one of them with my friends.
  • I usually decide what film to watch if it’s me and my sister only, however if it’s all my friends we all decide.
 
Internet
  • I always access the internet all the time.
  • I access the internet at home and in school mostly or my phone when I’m out.
  • The main websites I go on every day is Youtube, Facebook and sites for my school work such as my blog.
  • I go on Youtube a lot because I love listening to music or watching movies or trailers, I go on Facebook to talk to my friends and upload pictures or post messages.
  • I usually do my coursework and use the internet for some of my work and also listen to music.

2 comments:

  1. WWW: An excellent, comprehensive account.
    EBI: Have a think about how you could vary the media you interact with...
    LR: What other newspapers could you read regularly? How could you use Twitter to change your reading habits?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you sir and here's my Learner response...
    LR: I could read other newspapers such as The Times or The Guardian however I get distracted when there is a lot to read as it is too long. I sometimes use Facebook to find out information/gossips about celebrities but mainly use it to interact with friends, however making a Twitter account I think I would be more addicted to it as it has lots about the celebrity world and news around me.

    ReplyDelete